ProjectNickel.com (“ProjectNickel.com,” the “Company,” “we,” “ours,” “us”) respects and values your privacy, and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit or utilize the ProjectNickel.com service located at [Http://projectnickel.com] (the “Service”), as well as our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
By accessing or using the Service, you fully agree to all the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Service. This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Service after such changes are made is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. It is your responsibility to check this policy periodically for updates.
This policy applies to information we collect: (1) on this Service; (2) in any electronic communication between you and the Service; and (3) when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those advertisements or applications include links to this policy.
This policy does NOT apply to information collected by: (1) us offline or through any other means, including on any other website or Service operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or (2) any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Service.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Service or on or through any of its features/register on the Service, make any purchases through the Service, use any of the interactive features of this Service or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, etc. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at Ops@joinlincoln.org.
Information We Collect Includes Personal Information; Non-Personal Information; and Information Related to Your Access and Use of the Service
Like many other online services, we collect various information from users (“Users”). We, along with any third-party companies or individuals with whom we work, may collect information directly and voluntarily from you when you use the Service. We consider the information we collect in two broad categories: “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.”
a. Personal Information. Personal Information is generally information that can be used to identify you, either by itself or in conjunction with other information. Personal Information includes, without limitation:
- Your name and e-mail address, and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address;
- Information or content that you download in conjunction with your use of the Service;
- Your location; and
- Service use information.
*The preceding list of information we may collect is illustrative, not exhaustive.
b. Non-Personal Information. Non-Personal Information includes information that is about you but does not identify you personally, such as, without limitation:
- Anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect;
- Referring/exit pages and URLs;
- Platform types; and
- Preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks.
We may also collect information from you that is about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details, including but not limited to:
- Browser type,
- Internet connection,
- The equipment used to access the Service,
- Language preference, referring site,
- Additional websites requested, and
- The date and time of each user’s request.
How We Collect Information from You
We collect information from you in the following ways:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site (Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies);
- We may also collect other information through web beacons and other similar tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Each method is described in more detail below.
Automatic Data Collection and How We Use It
In an effort to improve the quality of the Service, the Company and our service providers may track information provided to us by your device or browser, or by our analytics tools when you use the Service. As you access, use, and interact with the Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Service, including traffic data, location data, logs, the device from which you connected to the Service, website you came from (known as the “referring URL”), and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Service; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type;
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Service and Application, and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Service according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to the Service.
We do not track our customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, Safari allows you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
Automatic Data Collection Technologies May Include
The technologies we use for the automatic data collection described above may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Service may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Components of the Service [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
We may, from time to time, track use location in order to help Users find race courses nearby. We also track use location when Users are using the Application and/or are near a given course location in order to improve the quality of the Service. You may turn off location tracking on your mobile device, but the Application will not function properly if location tracking is turned off.
How We Use Personal Information
*The following is a non-exhaustive list.
We may use your Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you. For example, we use Personal Information to contact Users in response to questions, solicit feedback from Users, provide technical support, and inform Users about promotional offers.
- Facilitate and carry out the functions of the Service;
- Verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes;
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other policies, and preventing prohibited or illegal activities, or violations of our Terms of Service;
- Improve the Service, including by customizing your user experience;
- Provide targeted marketing, provide service update notices, and deliver promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements; and
- For any other purpose disclosed to you and to which you consent.
How We Use Non-Personal Information
If our information practices change at any time in the future, we will post the policy changes to the Service so that you may opt out of the new information practices. We suggest that you check the Service periodically if you are concerned about how your information is used.
How We Disclose Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and any information that does not identify any specific individual, without restriction. We may also disclose any Personal Information or Non-Personal Information you share with us for the purpose of facilitating and carrying out the Service.
We protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks, and the Company shall not be responsible for the circumvention of any of the Service’s privacy settings or security measures.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Service that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to Ops@joinlincoln.org or write us at: 2443 Fillmore St. #380-3386 San Francisco CA 94115.
Links to Other Websites